Coming Sunday, Feb. 10: Red Dress Sunday. All are asked to wear red to raise awareness of heart disease, especially in the African-American community.
Information from the National Institutes of Health: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/hearttruth/material/talk.htm
Announcements: (Please be sure to refer to other announcements on the Mount Pleasant website and in the Ministry Update newsletter.)
- Register now for Home Builders (Marriage Ministry classes) and the Life Changing Christian Institute (formerly the Bible Institute) in the Narthex after services.
- Internships for college students are available through Congressman Elijah Cummings' office. Applications are due 2/28. Information is in the church's office.
- Bone scans can be conducted Jan. 7-24 at the NIA Gerontology Center. Age. 30-64. Weight limit: 270. Call the church office for details.
- Hepatitis C screenings. If you participated in the screening this summer, call the 800# on the card that you received to hear your results. You can also call the church office for the 800#. When you call the 800# give them the date for the screening as a reference: August 18, 2007.
- Click the link for 34/39 member (and Mount Pleasant Saxophonist) Corinthia (Chrissy) Cromwell, and listen to her song. More clicks on her link keep her song in rotation on the radio station! http://www.wsmj1043.com/pages/best.html
7 p.m. Tuesdays.
Men's Bible Study, location - Choir Room: Books: Living in the Word (Authors: Hendricks and Hendricks) and The Student Bible Dictionary (Author: Dockrey, et al). These books will be available in the Resource Center.
Women's Bible Study, location - Grand Fellowship Hall. Topics "Women of the Bible." Next teacher for 1/22/08 - Sis. Jackie Ladd.