Mount Pleasant (Baltimore) 34/39 Deacon Care Family Ministry
Blog Posts & Messages
Friday, December 28, 2007
34/39 Member Corinthia Cromwell (Saxophonist) working with orphanage in Haiti, needs clothing donations
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Pg. 29: I don't know where you are or what you're going through, but I encourage you to endure it, to look at it from God's perspective. Whatever it is you're going through cannot move you and it cannot shake you. In the midst of your trouble, heed the words of 1 Corinthians 15:58, "Be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord." When you get through the suffering, He will mature, establish, settle, and strengthen you. You'll be grounded in the love of God that waits on the other side of suffering.
Ref: Johnson, Clifford M., Jr., After You Have Suffered A While, Mall Publishing Co., Highland Park, IL, 2007
God Bless You!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Sis. Shirley Clash's mother (Ms. Odell Lee) went home to be with the
Lord. Sis. Clash is a 34/39 member of Mount Pleasant.
The service for Ms. Lee was held at Mount Pleasant on
Tuesday, December 11, 2007.
Please feel free to write comments of condolence by
clicking on the "Comments" link
below this message. Please keep Sis. Clash in your prayers.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Here are the scriptures that Bishop Johnson used at 7:45. Please be sure to get the CD or the DVD to get the entire message.
Topics: Pride & Defiance
Worldliness - Wisdom & Knowledge
Worldly thinking and man's knowledge
Worldly thinking and answers to life's questions through philosophy, astrology, and other occultic arts.
"For the natural man receiveth not the thins of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
I Cor. 2:14
Worldly thinking claims to be the search for truth.
II Tim 3:7, John 14:6
"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"
You are complete in HIM.
Read Colossians 2:1-13.
Wisdom will crown your life with favor and with glory.
The full text for these scriptures will be posted in the COMMENTS section of this message this week.
On 11/25, Bishop Johnson said:
"We become obsessed with knowing things but we don't live it out .... we get full on knowledge but are not able to live in it."
"Real evidence of how much you love HIM is not in how you shout, how you run around the church, not in churchy phrases (e.g. "I blessed"), but in your obedience to God."
Friday, November 23, 2007
We're so glad that so many of you joined us for cookies, fruit, juice, and fellowship at the Lamplight Resource Center this past Sunday, Nov. 18! We were able to meet 34/39 members after both the 7:45 and the 10:45 services. Please note that you will still be able to use your invitations for 10% off items in the Resource Center this Sunday!
1Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not (always remember!) all his benefits:
3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4Who redeemeth (rescues) thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
(Provides unusual favor, unprecedented honor!)
5Who satisfieth thy mouth (life) with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.NOTE: Words in parentheses reflect Bishop Johnson's emphasis.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
THANK YOU FOR COMING TO THE FELLOWSHIP IN THE RESOURCE CENTER TODAY! We had a great time with you after the 7:45 and 10:45 services.
(We thank Bro. Lofton for his assistance!)
We're looking forward to connecting with you again at the Mount Pleasant Church-wide Christmas Fellowship on 7 p.m., Tuesday, December 11, 2007 in the Grand Fellowship Hall.
Please mark your calendars for our January 13, 2008 Fellowship!
It's a 21234 & 21239 Celebration!
The Deacon Care Team for the 21234 & 21239 Zip Zone would like to invite all 21234 & 21239 (34/39!) Members to a "34/39 Breakfast to celebrate 2008!"
- Sunday, January 13, 2007.
- Immediately following the 7:45 service.
- Location: Grand Fellowship Hall
- The cost is $2 (pay the cashier as you get your food.)
- (Menu: Eggs, bacon, pastry, coffee/tea, juice)
So please stay after the 7:45 A.M. "Intentional Worship Sunrise Conference" service and/or come early for the 10:45 service and join us!
We will also have "unity seating" in the sanctuary. We will sit together in a special section for both services on that Sunday. Please be sure to get your 34/39 nametag in the Narthex prior to the 7:45 service so that you can be directed to area that has been designated us. 10:45 Worshipers will get their nametags at breakfast. We're looking forward to worshiping and fellowshipping together.
We'll see you for worship and breakfast on Sunday, January 13!
-Your 34/39 Deaconcare ZipZone Team: Deac. & Sis. Lewis, Deac. & Sis. Moore, Bro. & Sis. Tull
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Please note for your calendars for the Thanksgiving Service next Wednesday night, Nov. 21. There will be no Bible Study next week, so that we can all be together for the Weds. service.
The Women's Ministry will have a fellowship on Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 7 p.m. Please plan to bring the following:
* 3 dozen cookies -- 2 to share with the ladies and 1 for the soldiers in Iraq.
* A $5 gift to exchange.
If you don't have these items, can you still come? YES! The Women's Ministry looks forward to this night of fun and fellowship.
Coming in December:
- Monday Night Football, Ravens vs Patriots, Dec. 3, Family Life Center (Big Screen!)
- Christmas Fellowship Tues. Dec. 11, Grand Fellowship Hall
We'll see you Sunday, Nov. 18 at the 34/39 Fellowship with the Lamplight Resource Center! See information in the post below.
God Bless you!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Where: The office between the Lamplight Resource Center and the Multi-purpose room, down the short corridor. We'll have a quick meeting, then we'll fellowship in the Lamplight Resource Center.
We'll see you there!
Monday, November 5, 2007
Bishop Johnson has asked us to read I Corinthians, Chapters 1 and 2. The full text is in the comment section for this post.
This Wednesday, we will be going with Bishop Johnson to service at Church of the Redeemed of the Lord in Baltimore. http://www.crlministries.com/welcome.htm
Thursday, October 4, 2007
This is Revival Week at Mount Pleasant. Services are Weds. - Friday, Oct. 3-5, at 7 p.m.
The speaker is Dr. Samuel Chand. You may remember when he was at Mount Pleasant in the past, his message deeply affected the children of our church .... they came down the aisle in droves. He mentioned that parents shouldn't stop them, afterall in the middle east, children are recruited for terrorism very early, so it's a blessing when children feel the pull of the Holy Spirit and respond!
Here are some links that provide more background about Dr. Chand.
Don't miss this opportunity! Don't miss this blessing!
Sunday, August 26, 2007
I'm writing this between the 10:45 and Baptismal worship services ... Greetings from the Grand Fellowship Hall! Today Bishop Johnson told us to say "This is a new day and this is my time!"
He also instructed us to meditate on Isaiah 61 every day this week! Here is the link to this scripture online: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+61
The full passage will be in the comment section so that you can see it directly.
Bishop went through the following scriptures:
He also reminded us to really use Romans 6:11: Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Bishop's topic was "The Law of the Spirit as it connects to the Law of Faith." He said that the "Law of faith is spiritual power and action given to every child of God based on the Word of God."
There is much, much, much more! Like his points about your faith and the will of God, correct confession of faith, having what you believe, and corresponding actions! Get the CD to review.
This is by no means a substitution for the full message, but hopefully it will encourage you to go back through your notes and/or listen to the CD!
Remember all of the announcements for the month that are in the Ministry Update (newsletter) and on the website. God Bless You, it's time to get ready for the Baptismal Service!
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Greetings! This is being typed between 10:45 and Communion Service. It's been great seeing so many 34/39 members today. Did you enjoy seeing the announcements for the 34/39 blog in the Ministry Update and on screen in the Media Update? We thank the Administrative Office and the Media Ministry for making these announcements for us!
August is a light month at Mount Pleasant but there are still plenty of activities. Check your Ministry Update for announcements like the MasterLife Fellowship on Sat. August 18, the Womens' Craft Day Part II on Sat. Aug. 25, and more!
Remember the Evangelism Ministry invited you to join them for a BACK TO SCHOOL COMMUNITY OUTREACH at the Goodnow PAL Center, near Sinclair Lane, Sat. Aug. 11, 12 noon - 3 p.m. They take food, supplies, and share the Gospel with communities in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
Goodnow PAL Center: 5310 Goodnow Rd., Baltimore, MD 21206 , Phone: (410) 485-3729
SALES @ Ravenwood Giant, 8100 Loch Raven Blvd.; Chicken: $1.99/lb; Corn on the Cob - 12 for $1.99 and more!
Please continue to keep Bishop Johnson in prayer while he is in Africa. God Bless you all! We'll see you soon!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
This is an exciting time! Bishop & Lady Johnson's 37th Pastoral Anniversary celebration begins today!
All weekday services (Weds. - Fri) begin at 7 p.m. each night.
Wednesday, July 18
Bishop E.A. Ross, New Smyrna Missionary Baptist Church, Washington, D.C.
Thursday, July 19
Pastor Franklin Peterson, Faith United Baptist Church, Baltimore
Friday, July 20
Bishop Kevin V. Gresham, Sr., Pastor, Greater St. John Church, Upper Marlboro, MD
Sunday, July 22
7:45: Pastor Terry Kirk, Central Christian Church, Baltimore, MD
10:45: Pastor Angel Nunez, Angel Nunez Ministries, Bilingual Christian Church
5:00: Bishop Jerome Stokes, Pastor, Church of the Redeemed of the Lord
Please show your love for our beloved Bishop by coming to share in this celebration experience!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Specials: 10 items for $10. Ravenwood Giant (Loch Raven & Taylor)
Giant Grocery Store Specials that can be utilized by the 34/39 Zip Zone
Friday, June 22, 2007
@ 7:45 - Ms. Maurette Brown Clark!
@ 6, w/ Jonathan Nelson: Ms. Jessica Greene
Opening for Tye Tribbett & GA
Plan to enjoy the ice cream social after 10:45 service, you will be able to buy food also. LOCATION: The MPCM Family Life Center (this is the new part of the church, parts of it are still under construction, but it is a blessing to have so much space under one roof!)
At the Ice cream/food social, all are asked to enter and exit through the doors of the Family Life Center, not through the church so that the staff can prepare for the evening concert. Thank you!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Please note that our own 34/39 member Sis. Corinthia Cromwell will be performing at the Jazz night on Friday!
Photos & information for Sis. Corinthia!
Vocalist Tracy Hamlin will also be featured: http://cdbaby.com/cd/tracyhamlin
We've confirmed that the ice cream social on Sunday will be hosted by Cold Stone Creamery!
Tye Tribbett is featured in the June 2007 issue of Ebony, pg. 84. Please remember to purchase your tickets, $25! Call the church's administrative office, 410-325-3080, or stop by (6000 Radecke Ave, Baltimore, MD, 21206) during business hours. Please note that you can buy tickets through PAYPAL online. Click the red "Musical Finale" icon with pictures of Tye Tribbett and Jonathan Nelson on the right side of the Mount Pleasant website: http://www.mountpleasant.org
Monday, June 18, 2007
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Thank you all for coming to our 34/39 Meet & Greet on Sunday after services! We hope that you all got your mugs, watches, notebooks, pens, candy, and coupons! We had a great time. We're glad that you liked the 34 & 39 balloons!!
Today, we want to make sure that you remember the movie night. Mount Pleasant is showing "Facing the Giants" and they are planning to start at 6:45. This is a fantastic movie, it has great themes for all ages, men, women, boys, and girls. The movie is set around a football team and coach, but there are lessons in teamwork, tenacity, relationships, and faith. Some of us from the 34/39 team will be there. Please plan to come and enjoy the Mount Pleasant MOVIE NIGHT!
Here are the details about the movie: http://facingthegiants.com/dvdabout.php
Saturday, June 2, 2007
June is the month for our Family & Friends Festival! We're excited about the upcoming activities!
Please remember the following announcements:
June 9: Craft Day for the Women!
SUNDAY June 10: Our 34/39 Meet & Greet!
Stay after 7:45, come early for 10:45 and meet and greet your 34/39 neighbors!
- Bible Study will resume in September.
- Tuesday, June 12: MOVIE Night and New Members Fellowship
A wonderful movie that connects football and faith!
Inside the site:
"Specials at Giant in Ravenwood Center, 8100 Loch Raven"
Monday, May 28, 2007
One of the topics that came up at the 34/39 dinner fellowship a few weeks ago was grocery shopping! The grocery store of choice seems to be in the Giant in Ravenwood Shopping Center:
Giant at RAVENWOOD Shopping Center
8100 Loch Raven Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21286
Memorial Day sales at this location continue until Thursday, May 31. Here is the circular with a listing of all of the special sales for the week, though some of the sales end today. I know that some of us have taken advantage of the Breyer's Ice Cream sale ... 1/2 gallons for $1.99!
CLICK HERE FOR THE CIRCULAR WITH SALES AT THE RAVENWOOD GIANT:
Giant Special Sales at Loch Raven & Taylor
Monday, May 21, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Pictures are coming soon! For more details (e.g. attendees), click "comments" below this post.
And we would like to wish a belated Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers! We're sure that you enjoyed your gifts from Bishop Johnson! Those watches were beautiful!
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
- Sunday, May 6: 34/39 Dinner Fellowship! We will gather in the back, far right corner of the Grand Fellowship Hall. Time: Following 10:45 service, before Communion service. Cost: $6. Page down to the "Coming Soon .... May 6" announcement posted 3/24/07 for additional details.
- Thursday, May 10, Parent Connection Meeting (Children's Ministry), 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 12, Quarterly Women's Meeting, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, May 13, Payment due for the Six Flags trip for our Family & Friends celebration
- Six Flags trip date: Sat. June 23, 10:30-8:30
- Cost: $37 (This is a great discounted cost which includes entry to the park and all-you-can-eat lunch under the Mount Pleasant pavilion, bus transportation for the first 180 people who sign up), parking passes: $10. (NOTE: Mount Pleasant's cost is lower than public general admission to the park which is $49.99, with online specials for $39.99, and parking=$15; lunch and transportation are not included in these general public admission prices.)
- Website (flash): http://www.sixflags.com/america/index.aspx
- Tuesday, May 15, Family Movie Night, One Night with the King
- General seating: Free
- Tuxedo Tables (sponsorship) for extra food and personal service: $25
- Tuesday, May 22, Family Bible Study, classes for Men, Women, and Children.
- Women's Bible Study Topic: Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. Next Chapters 21, 22, 23 (Example, Chap. 21 title: "My behavior may be wrong, but it's not my fault.") About Joyce Meyer: http://www.joycemeyer.org/
- Men's Bible Study Topic: The Book of James (New Testament study)
- Friday, May 25, R.I.S.E.U.P Friday, Youth & Young Adults, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 25, Marriage Ministry, "Before & After You Say 'I do'," hosts: Rodney & Jennifer Joyner
Please refer to the May 2007 Ministry Update (Newsletter distributed on select Sundays) for more details. Please check back for comments that highlight various events.
34/39 specific news:
- Prayer is requested for Sis. Sherian Kelly and her family on the passing of her aunt and uncle.
- 34/39 Meet & Greet in the Narthex between the 7:45 and 10:45 services is coming June 10!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of our 34/39 members!
- Nearly 40 birthdays this month!
- Nylea Chesley, Kia Nivens, Aaron Pitts, Deborah Pitts, Erica Pitts, Bryant Stevenson, Woodrow Stevenson, Jr., Laneria Thomas, John Hurtt, Diane Joseph, Ryan Carroll, Michael Austin, Bryonn Johnson, LaTonya Cooper, Marion Bennett, Craig Davis, Lisa Hamm, Alexander Johns, Tanya Lawson, Dorene Leazer, Cristin Moore, Ingrid Parker, Catherine Peay, Reginald Riley, Barbara Ross, Sharon Ryan-Moore, Janie Shird, Heretta Stanfield, Sylvester Street, William Terry, Tonya Thomas, Adrienne Walker, Michael Washington, Tonya Washington, John White, Dorothy White, Irene Williams, and Lynell Wilson
To post a comment with your thoughts, greetings or ideas for 34/39, click "comments" below then type your message in the box that appears on the right side of the page, in the "choose your identity" section -- click the round icon that says "other" to type your name (you do not need to have a google account to post a comment), then click "publish your comment."
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Stay for a few minutes following 7:45; come early for 10:45 to meet your fellow 34-39 members! Sunday June 10!
If you have any ideas for our 34-39 table, let us know by clicking "comments" and writing your message in the box that appears. Don't forget to click "publish" to send.
Remember to save the date for our May 6 Fellowship Dinner after the 10:45 service. For details, click:
34-39 May 6 Dinner Fellowship
Friday, April 6, 2007
- April 6: Good Friday Service, 10:45 a.m.
- April 8: RESURRECTION SUNDAY Services 7:45 & 10:45; We also celebrate with Bishop and Lady Johnson on their 50th Wedding Anniversary!
- April 12-14: Consecration Services with Gregory Powe: http://www.revealingtruth.org
- The NEW MPCM website: with flash: http://www.mountpleasant.org/; without flash: http://www.mountpleasant.org/index2.htm
- Calendar for all April Events: http://www.mountpleasant.org/events/
34-39 Specific News:
- Prayer request for Bro. Julian "JW" Wilkins (39). His father, James Wilkins, passed.
- Sis. Myrtle Conyer was in 39 temporarily when she was in the hospital, but she has since been released from Good Samaritan Hospital (39)!
- WELCOME NEW MEMBERS: James Bridges (39), Diane Ghee (34) , Jasmine Montgomery (39), Pamela Fountain (34), Terrance Fountain (34), and Taiese Coleman (34)
- CELEBRATING 34-39 BIRTHDAYS! Happy Birthday to Mother Mary Davis (39), age 98 [see comments for details]!
- 39 Birthdays: Sidney Cator, Nathan Moore, Beatrice Cooper, Lillie Bridgelall, Ethel Hines, Dorothy McCoy, Chenelle Poteat, Shannell Cutchember, Mark McDaniels, Dwayne Elmore.
- 34 Birthdays: Wyndell Tyson, Leanovia Blue, Denise Burris, Karen Edmunds, Shawn Gaddy, Jason Jones, Morgan Blue, Kent Burton Jr., Amanda Tunstall, Layvon Thompson.
- Happy Birthday to all of you, May God Bless you!
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Bro. Floyd & Sis. Robin Brice (34) will celebrate 15 years of marriage on April 25!
Please remember to post a "Hello" by clicking comments on the "Virtual Discipleship" link below.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Whether you are living in 34 or 39 now, or are currently away from home (working or in school), we want you to be connected! Click "comments" below and write in the box! R.I.S.E. U.P.!
About R.I.S.E. U.P., the Youth & Young Adults Ministry: http://www.mountpleasant.org/RISEUP/index.htm
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Monday, January 29, 2007
This is the 21234 & 21239 zip code zone for the Deacon Care Family Ministry (DCFM) at Mount Pleasant Church and Ministries (MPCM) in Baltimore, MD.
This blog (weblog) is designed for us to give you updated information and notes about our zip code zone. Through this blog, we can provide information to you quickly, and you can always refer to it to be reminded of events and activities.
-Your DCFM 34-39 Zip Code Zone Team!