Scriptural references: John 15: 1-7, 8-9, 10-16, end at verse 17.
[Bishop's Note: The promises of God are not affected by things around us (e.g. the economy!)]
He's able to make ends meet. They might not overlap, but they will meet.
* We try to use our unsanctified common sense to get us out of situations that only God can help with.
*Every conception should have a formation.
* In every place where you and I are tempted, Jesus was tempted.
* Jesus was our substitute (death, burial, and resurrection.)
* Q: Have you ever wondered why He didn't stop the evil one? A: e was acting on our behalf. He died for us, not for himself.
Things we must do:
- We must accept as our own what has been done for us.
- We must step in and take full possession.
- Realize it was ours originally.
- Know that Jesus won't take it back.
* A Love relationship makes me abide.
* Note that God wants His Words to abide in us.
* When you're in a difficult place, obey. If you're in a difficult place, educate your faith. God did not give us the spirit of fear.
* OBEDIENCE KEEPS THE TITLE (DEED) IN TACT.
* If people around you don't want to be radically obedient, don't hang with them.
* God says "Don't fear, don't be terrorized, I'm with you. I will harden you against this difficulty."
* Obedience and abiding carry it the promise of answered prayer.
Note: You don't tell God how to answer or who to answer through.
- Abiding gives you clarity!
- Abiding gives you confidence and authority!
- Abiding gives you patience!
*Whatever word He speaks, you can then "will" it -- not wish it. Know the Word, then you can will it.
*When the difficulty gets tight, you get strengthened with might, when you use the name.
* You shouldn't wait for tragedy to happen before you know Jesus.
* The Word of God supercedes your culture.
* Step into it ... FULL POSSESSION!
Closing comment: Everyone say ask the Lord to "Take from me any inclination to think of saying: I can't, if only, I'll never, or it's a problem."