Scriptures: Hebrews 3:1-2, 12-14, 4:1-3
- Sometimes it seems easier to stay in a rut than to let God change us.
- Don't drift away and go back to what was in your past life.
- Many of us are living beneath what God has called us to.
- We often live in defeat. Living in defeat is hard work!
- Struggle is work. Struggle in fear ... is work. Struggle in doubt ...is work. Struggle in anxiety ... is work.
- Do we need some "post-conversion" crisis to come to a place of rest?
- Sometimes we need a crisis point to see how good God is.
- Remember Hebrews 3:19 "So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."
- When you murmur and complain against the living God, unbelief creeps in.
- We need each other. Be encouraged; God wants you to receive the good news -- the good news is about resting.
- The higher the value, the higher the honor. Value the Word.
- Mix the Word you heard with your faith.
- Faith will counterbalance whatever you're going through, and go to a place of rest.
- The rest of God is not cessation of activity, but it is peace within the work, it is rest within the toil.
- Don't let what's going on take you away from the living God.
- When you have to have it your way, and God can't have His way, you can't have His rest.
- When your heart starts to get hard, your will is no longer stimulated by a desire for God. Your mind sets itself on selfish comfort. your emotions become fixed on easy conveniences. Your emotions become addicted to quick fixes! So watch your step.
- Remember that delayed obedience is still disobedience.
- The Word preached to you should not make you bitter, it should make you better.
- Faith was the pre-requisite for entering into the rest.
- Jesus says, Why should you carry what I've already carried? It is finished. Why should you struggle under a weight that I've already lifted? I will ease, and relieve, and refresh your soul.
Please note that these highlights do not replace the entire message. You are encouraged to get the CD or DVD for the full content.