Mount Pleasant (Baltimore) 34/39 Deacon Care Family Ministry
Blog Posts & Messages
Saturday, November 29, 2008
The music home for Kevin LeVar and One Sound is Habbakuk Music:
The CEO of Habbakuk Music is Mount Pleasant's own, Sis. April Washington-Essex.
LeVar appears on BET Cable Television's Bobby Jones' Gospel show, Sunday, Nov. 30, 2009.
Baltimore, MD 21239
Monday, November 24, 2008
Members of 34/39, all of us will sit together for each service, 7:45 and 10:45 on Sunday. Look for our sign. We will all be there to greet you! Bring guests from the neighborhood! Bring the whole family. We're looking forward to having a great time!
Please bring your cameras and send the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2008. 7 p.m.
We will not have Bible Study this week so that everyone can come to the Thanksgiving service.
Monday, November 10, 2008
You can also click on "Comments" beneath this post for the full text.
Please note the following announcements:
Mount Pleasant November Newsletter: http://www.mountpleasant.org/Newsletter/Nov08_Update.pdf
* There is something for everyone on Friday, Nov. 21, 2008
- Singles: Singles Fellowship & Bible Study. 7:30, Room 301.
- Engaged/Married Couples: Marriage Ministry, 7:30. Grand Fellowship Hall
- Teens and Young Adults: R.I.S.E. Up's "Thirsty" event. 7:30, Chapel
* The play "He Arose" originally scheduled for Nov. 22 has been postponed until Saturday, April 11. This will become part of our church's Resurrection Activities -- Good Friday, the play/dinner theater "He Arose" on Saturday, and Worship Service on Sunday.
* The Children's Ministry invites all to come out on Saturday, Dec. 6 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. to build gingerbread houses. (Cost: $10)
* Next Sunday, we have two events:
- 10:45 service: The University of North Carolina's Voices of Eden Choir will join us.
- 5:00 service: We will visit the "Ark of Safety Church" in PG County. If you want to ride the bus, please contact the church office by Tuesday. http://www.thearkofsafety.org/home.html
* Interested in being a foster or adoptive parent? Contact Sis. Janet Allen of the Baltimore Dept. of Social Services. Other information: http://www.dhr.state.md.us/ssa/foster/
* Remember Bible Study, 7 p.m., Tuesday, in the main sanctuary. "The Doctrine of Salvation"
Download your Bible Study "Study Journal" here: http://mountpleasant.org/Ministries/images/Doctrine%20of%20Salvation.pdf
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
- Low self-esteem paralyzes your potential
- Low self-esteem destroys your dreams
- Low self-esteem ruins your relationships
- Low self-esteem sabotages your favor for service.
Scriptures: Numbers 13:23-26, 30-33, I John 3:1-3.
We urge you to get the CDs for the series: October 19 - November 2.
Key -- Take your self-estimate from God.
Remember Bishop's words (from I John 3:1) "Say 'I am a champion because I am a child of God!' ... Let God love you!"
- THANKSGIVING WORSHIP SERVICE
The program will include special selections by men of all generations and a "Meet and Greet" for visitors from the community after the service.
Intercessory prayer will begin at 6:45.
The church will be raising money to provide fully cooked, hot meals to 100 families. Each meal costs $49.99. Church members are asked to contribute about $3 each. Each ministry is asked to contribute to sponsor 1-2 families.
If you have questions, please see Minister John Shearin, Deacon Glenn Finney, Deacon Richard Lewis, or Bro. Maurice Carroll.
- ZIP ZONE SUNDAY
We will sit together and worship with our zipzones! 34/39 is looking forward to welcoming you!
Coming in December ...
- FAMILY CHRISTMAS PROGRAM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 7 p.m.
Mount Pleasant's Family Life Center
A wonderful program is planned, but help is needed. The church needs people who can help to build and decorate sets, move furniture, sew, etc. People will be getting together on the following dates:
Friday, Nov. 28, 12 noon - 4 p.m.
Other dates: Sat. Nov. 29, Friday, Dec. 5, Sat. Dec. 6, Mon. Dec. 8.
If you have questions, please contact: Sis. Cheryl Missouri or Bro. Anthony Barnes.