"Jesus Christ: The Portrait of a Servant"
Love + Obey + Abide + Remain = Servanthood
- What is the mind of a servant?
- He's humble, he puts himself under authority
- He's selfless, he's secure
- The mind of a servant is love.
- What is the measure of a servant?
- A servant will obey no matter how much it costs him.
- What is the mark of a servant?
- The reward is the ability to abide.
- What is the benefit of a servant?
- Our responsibility is to remain.
10:45 Service, Min. John Sherrin
Phil 4:4, 11
"I'm good, God's got me."
One of the best tricks of the devil = to make us think that we need something that we already have.
Remember Bishop Johnson's words: "Don't try ... train."
Trying, 9 times out of 10 doesn't get you anywhere. We need to train ourselves.
1) Learn that we have everything that we need (Phil 4:19)
2) Trust - even though there are things that we want ... if God doesn't release it to us, he doesn't want us to have it yet.
We can't put our reliance, our confidence in ourselves. We must rely on on God.
I can honor God in my getting and
I can honor God when He says "no."
It's about trusting God and putting your complete confidence in God.
"If God hasn't given it to me, I don't need it."
Remember the wristbands (from the youth conference) - "Will you B T C?" (be the church.)
Be intentional -- Live for God on purpose.