It's important to recognize the necessity of staying connected to HIM.
You need to be in communion with HIM, you need to stay connected to HIM, like you're talking to your best friend.
After you talk to HIM, wait long enough for HIM to talk back.
Pray without ceasing - you don't need to be in a closet; you need to have an attitude of prayer at all times.
Eternal life, not a gift FROM God, eternal life is a gift OF God. He gives you himself.
The Holy Spirit is already in you, the enemy wants you to believe HE's (Holy Spirit) ... HE is already in you.
I John 5: 1-14
The union between Jesus and His disciples is not an external arrangement - it is intentional.
You are a spirit. the body may go down, but the spirit still responds.
As HE is, so are we in this world (I John 3:1-3)
What's in a name?
The questions are:
- Who is the person's father? ( Jesus' father is "The I AM")
- Where is this person from? (Jesus is from Heaven)
- What does this person do? (Jesus does whatever is according to HIS will)
- What is his most prominent feature? (Jesus is God, He lives in me.)
For all that a name implies -- authority, character, (rank), majesty/royalty, power* , excellence;
of everything a name covers (authority - John 14), you have authority! You have Jesus in you! You have THE life. Some have more confidence in men, in textbooks, than in THE book. Read John 14. [The whole chapter is presented in the comments section of this post.]
* The flesh is weak, but there's power in the spirit. While you're going through, He's developing His character in you. All of my failures and my mes-ups are working together for my good. Nothing is able to separate me.