Mount Pleasant (Baltimore) 34/39 Deacon Care Family Ministry

Welcome to the online home of the Deacon Care Family Ministry for the 21234 and 21239 zip codes of Mount Pleasant Church and Ministries, Baltimore, Maryland. We are better known as the "34/39 Zip Zone!"

The Mount Pleasant members of 21234 and 21239 have joined together for a number of activities. Sunday breakfast at church, a Saturday breakfast and walk in the park, Sunday dinner, Meet and Greet after service, and a Resource Center Fellowship. Page down for the latest information, then enjoy the photo slideshow at the bottom of the page.

Blog Posts & Messages

Our blog posts begin here. We add both announcements and notices that are specific to 34/39 members and to Mount Pleasant's members at large. We try to update this site several times each month. We welcome your posts in the comment sections.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sermon Highlights: 3/23/08 - The Superiority of the Gospel Because of the Resurrection

Bishop Johnson started by saying "I was going to say we have happiness, but we have joy. Joy does not depend on happenings."

Gal 2:19-21

The Gospel is real because it started with God. It didn't come by man, didn't come by the will of man, didn't come by the blood of man.

The Gospel is:
  • Superior to the law
  • Superior to the flesh
  • Superior to the devil
The Gospel is so powerful until the gospel sets free.

We need to sign a spiritual death warrant to our tendency and inclination to sin. We need to have a funeral for you. I must give up my right to me. I need to die to what was and live in what is.

We try hard to be Christians. Stop trying - train wisely!

I am identified with Christ, I am crucified with Christ. What He did at Calvary, He works into the fabric of my life.

Romans 6:3.

He puts the God-quality of life in me, and it's up to me to work it out of me. But you have to make that come out. He worked it in, now you work it out.

Romans 6:4-5, Eph 4:4-10. Verse 9 has 3 views:
  1. Incarnation of Christ (Jesus came and lived.)
  2. He descended into Hades (death and resurrection)
  3. Death and burial (in a tomb)
Part 2: Rev. 1:18, I am He that liveth, was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death.

(Note: "I am" = God)

No comments: