KEY: What must be recovered in this day is fervent, believing, prayer in the name of Jesus Christ.
You have to grab for yourself what HE has already purchased for you. You ought to "strengthen your grip!" (Phrase ref: Charles Swindoll.)
Luke 10:19-20 (Get this in your spirit!)
19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
* I ought to really rejoice in my relationship with HIM!
* The greatest miracle you can have in your life is your salvation.
*When I was going my own way, He still loved me. He wasn't lost, He found me.
* I won't rejoice in being able to take care of scorpions, I will rejoice that Jesus is the joy of my salvation.
* I'm not opposed to prosperity, but that should not be our priority.
* Jesus has given you authority over the enemy. Jesus purchased the authority with His own blood. Jesus obeyed perfectly in our place, now we must behave perfectly in His place.
* John 15:7 " ... My words abide in you ..." John 15:9, 10, 14: The words "love", "obey", and "abide", unlock access to this privilege. John 15:14 -- We are Christ's friend if we do what He says.
*ABIDE = OBEY (Definition: Follow commands or guidance, conform of submit to the restraint or command of authority, comply with, submit to the will of another. )
Love ---> Obey ---> Abide ---> Remain
* Proof that you love Him is how you obey Him.
* John 15:16. Remain = stay , abide, continue throughout without interruption.
* 1 John 1:9. I'm glad that He is a forgiving God.
* Obey, love me, remain ... THEN use my name. [Jesus]
* Jesus said pick up your cross and follow. Your kids, spouse, etc. are not your cross, YOU are your cross.
* RENEWAL OF YOUR MIND IS AN ENTIRE RENOVATION OF YOUR NATURAL ORDER.
What does it mean to REMAIN?
- To accept Jesus (first). (John 6:54, 56)
- Continue to persevere in believing. (John 8:31)
- It can also mean believing, loving obedience. (John 15:9-10)
*Jesus defines a triad of love: Jesus, God, Disciples.
* Love is a decision, it's not a feeling. It's not external, it's internal.
* Remaining in Jesus ... sometimes it's sporadic, but as you do it more and more, it becomes less sporadic.
Proof that you love Him is obeying Him.